What is DOG GUARD®?
Dog Guard® is an electronic fence system that is installed underground by burying a wire as a complete loop along the entire perimeter of your property. This underground boundary can also include certain portions of your yard, such as a pool or garden. Your dog is safely contained within your yard, while not being allowed to trample your gardens or swim in your pool.
Will it work for my dog?
The combination of the Dog Guard® system and training has worked EVERY TIME! In addition to a superior product and training program, we offer 1 year of unlimited training support. That’s why we can offer with confidence a money back one year guarantee on containing your pet(s) along with a lifetime warranty on equipment. No better warranty out there!
How does it work?
First, a transmitter is installed in a convenient location, such as the garage or basement. Then, the wire is trenched into the ground. The transmitter sends a harmless radio signal through the wire, which is picked up by the receiver on the dog's collar. When the dog nears the wire, the receiver picks up the signal and gives off an audible warning, while at the same time giving the dog a mild correction. If the dog continues the correction is then stronger.
Isn't it cruel to shock my dog all the time?
There is no electricity running through the wire so the dog is not being “shocked”. The correction from the receiver collar has been thoroughly tested and proven to be harmless. It is a mild static pulsation, similar to a shock from a doorknob; unpleasant enough that the dog will quickly learn to avoid it. The whole purpose of a good pet containment system is to contain your pet without correcting him all the time. The Dog Guard® system along with the training your pet receives ensure that your pet learns the boundary and stays away from it. Most pets will never sustain more than two or three corrections. Remember the level of correction must be greater than the level of distraction.
How does the training system work?
The boundary is marked with flags, creating a visible boundary line for the pet. For the first few days the dog owner spends fifteen minutes, two to three timesdaily, walking the dog around the flag boundary. If the dog moves toward the flags, he should be told "NO!" The dog should then be moved away from the flags and given lots of praise. By using this technique, the dog will quickly learn where the boundary is located. Later, once the dog becomes familiar with the boundary, the flags can be removed. Remember, praise and repetition are the keys to success! You will receive full training instructions and unlimited assistance. Our job is not done until your dog is safe in the yard!
Can a dog on the DOG GUARD® system be taken out of the yard for a walk?
Yes! Once the dog is trained to the system, he can be taken outside of the yard. The Dog Guard® receiver collar must be taken off before putting the leash on. This is explained to you as part of the training process.
How do I know that the system is functioning properly?
Our transmitter has colored indicator lights. These lights along with an audible alarm assure you that the system is working and notify you if there is a problem.
How much does DOG GUARD® cost?
Dog Guard® costs much less than traditional fencing, and has none of the maintenance and aesthetic problems. The cost will vary, depending on the size of the property and the number of dogs on the system. Every Dog Guard® dealer works directly with the manufacturer, therefore the cost of Dog Guard® may be lower than you think. We are happy to give you a price quote by phone or in person.
What makes DOG GUARD® better than other systems?
Better, of course, is always in the eye of the beholder. However, here are some facts you may want to consider when comparing our product with any other product on the market:
- The Dog Guard® system comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. This time allows you to make sure your pet will be successful with this product. We do this to offer that "extra peace of mind" while your pet is in training.
- The transmitter offers a lifetime warranty against power surges and lightning strikes.
- The receiver is waterproof not just water resistant.
- The DG 9 XT receiver is the most powerful receiver on the market. If necessary, the correction can be reduced by more than 75%. Even with reduced correction, no other receiver comes close to the strength of the DG 9 XT.
- Our DGMicro is one of the smallest receiver units available. Weighing in at 2 oz., it is perfect for dogs 10 lb. and under, as well as cats! Don't be fooled by its size, though. The DGMicro provides mild to medium stimulus to assure your pets safety.
- The transmitter is capable of enclosing up to 50 acres of property.
- Lifetime warranty on the integrity of the installation wire.
- The system is user friendly, with indicator lights and range adjustment at your fingertips.
- Unsurpassed customer service! Your satisfaction and pet’s safety is our number one concern.
Why should I buy DOG GUARD®?
Everyone at Dog Guard®, from the manufacturer to the dealers, has your pet's safety in mind. From the moment you purchase a Dog Guard® pet containment system, you can rest assured that your dog is in good hands, from our knowledgeable dealers and trainers to our skilled technicians. From equipment support when you have questions about your system, to moral support when you just don't know what to do with your pet, we will be with you every step of the way. If you love your dog and want to keep him safe and happy, Dog Guard® is for you.